Parents can apply for Aadhaar card for their children above 5 years and below five years. But they have to link their Aadhaar card with their children below 5 years when the children above 5 years should register separately using biometric data. For kids below 5 years, they need to undergo corneal scan as biometric data.
Why Aadhar Card for Children and Kids?
- The children and kids can get an identity with Aadhaar card.
- For a child, Aadhar card helps to register himself as a child and Aadhar also serves as a birth certificate.
- Aadhaar card also helps link the identity of baby with their parents.
- It also acts as a proof of birth.
- There are many benefits of Aadhaar card for children and kids. It helps trace the child if he is missing due to any reason.
According to HRD ministry, college and university students should furnish proof of having Aadhaar card or go for Aadhaar authentication to avail the perks under Central Sector Scholarship scheme.
Issued by the ministry, the notification said those who are getting such scholarships but don’t have Aadhaar will need to apply for enrollment. According to the Ministry, the move adds transparency and allows beneficiaries to seek entitlements and it is the alternative to several documents to prove identity.
Till the time Aadhar is assigned, they may seek scholarships on the basis of Aadhaar enrollment application, Aadhaar enrollment ID, PAN card, and Voter ID Card. Similar provisions have been made by the ministry for school students to apply for the scheme Means-cum-Merit Scholarship. The ministry is planning to implement such rules in all the states of India except J&K just from the day of publication of notice. Aadhar has been made compulsory by the Railway Recruitment Boards for candidates to apply for vacant positions.