Heated wiper blades are made to be used during the winter season to clear ice or snow from the windshield. These blades can be found in different sizes, model and quality. Their purchase depends on several factors
- the type desired – There are different types of heated wiper blades; adapted for the winter beam wiper blades, silicone wiper blades, heated with blade squeegee, and contour blades that take the shape of the windscreen.
- the price – A very good high quality heated wiper blade can cost more than $100. Off course, the price also depends on the model of a vehicle. The prices can be a few hundred for instance if it is for a car such as a Ferrari or a Roles-Royce. To find a good price, it is necessary to shop around on the internet or ask a dealer that sells your car model
- the type of vehicles. – The type of vehicle is necessary because not all vehicles windshield have the same shape. Some have a deeper contour than others.
- The material – The composition of the material directly affect the price. Wiper blades made of silicon are more expensive than those made of plastic.
Heated wiper blades are necessary for the winter because they help clear the windshield for the driver to see the road ahead. During the winter snow can often build up on the windscreen faster than normal wipers can clean. Also if the weather is very cold, ice build up on the windscreen reducing the view. With a normal wiper blade, it would be necessary to stop once in a while to scrape off the ice.
Heated wiper blades are made such that the blades warm up melting the snow with every wipe. Also, when you start the morning and the night has been very cold. There is no need to waste time scraping the snow. Turning the heated blades on, they start gradually melting the snow and clearing the windshield.
Heated wiper blades are placed in every car, but those that come with the car from the manufacturer are traditional wipers. It is always important to change those wiper blades in the winter for those adapted for the season just as car tires are changed for the season. There are many reasons why you should change the wipers in the winter
- Safety – Just like cars, heated wiper blades are made for winter conditions. By adapting your car with wipers made for the winter season, you reduce the risk of having an accident because of poor visibility
- Time-saving – When the weather is very cold and in blizzard conditions, normal wiper blades cannot cope. They can also freeze and not function properly. That could delay your journal because of reduced visibility or even have you stop once in a while to scrape off the snow. With heated wiper blades, they melt the snow on the windshield keeping it clear so you can continue unhindered your journey.
- Cost – There is a cost for everything. The cost for not changes and adapting your wiper blade for the winter can be small or big. Keeping traditional wiper blades, they will quickly wear and tear from the friction on the ice necessitating that they are replaced and could also damage your windshield. Another cost also, more expensive could be having an accident due to poor visibility.